Call for Participation in TESOL’s Electronic Village Online (EVO)
10 January 2011 – 13 February 2011
For five weeks in January-February, participants and ESOL experts can engage in collaborative, online discussion or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and scholarly benefit. These sessions will bring together participants for a longer period of time than is permitted by land-based convention and will allow a fuller development of ideas than is otherwise possible.
Sessions are free and open to anyone around the globe.
Registration starts on 3 January 2011
SESSIONS OVERVIEW 2011
For an overview and a short description of the 10 sessions click
* Becoming a Webhead
* Re-playing Process Drama
* Digital Storytelling
* PLEs and PLNs for Lifelong Learning Competencies
* Creating Vocabulary Activities
* Multiliteracies for Social Networking and Collaborative Learning Environments
* VILLAGE – Virtual Language Learning and Group Experience in Second Life
* Mentoring TESOL
* Podcasts for the EFL/ ESL Classroom
* Reflection and Practice: Virtual Education
It is highly recommended not to attend more than 2 sessions since they are quite intensive.
via Heike Philp